The success of UROC Scholars and the expansion of the office's programs would not be possible without the faculty who serve as mentors. Professors are the best resource to introduce undergraduate students to their academic discipline and guide them through the research process.
UROC scholars are instructed to explore faculty and their research areas prior to making contact or discussing the opportunity to conduct research with them. Although our programs target rising juniors/seniors, and new transfer students in their first semester, all students are encouraged to discover their research journey at UC Merced.
If students are accepted for our programs they will confirm a faculty mentor to conduct research during the summer. Below is a helfpul timeline for mentors:
Looking for a Student for Your Research - UROC Research Portal
You can also view and search student profiles to find potential UC Merced undergraduate students to join your research.
Faculty Application for UROC-H Research Cluster
UROC-H is a collaborative program for undergraduate student research in the humanities led by Undergraduate Research Opportunities Center (UROC), the School of Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts and the Graduate Division with additional support provided by the Center for the Humanities; this project is made possible through a diversity initiative grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Faculty can submit a proposal to lead a UROC-H Research Cluster that may focus on team-based approaches and/or research themes.
- Students in the research clusters will also have to develop individual research projects or individual research focus within the research theme.
- All faculty-led research cluster proposals will be offered as a research option to all admitted UROC-H scholars in early spring.
If you would like to lead a research cluster of undergraduate students for UROC-H, please fill out the below application link by January 15th, 2022. You may focus on either a team-based approach to a project or research theme.
UROC-H Faculty Cluster Proposal NOW OPEN: November 1st - February 15th, 2023
UROC has attracted many diverse program partners and sponsors who share a common vision in providing enriching research experiences to undergraduate students. Below is a collection of partners and programs that have helped shape who we are today:
- NSF CAMP: Louis Stokes California Alliance for Minority Participation
- NIH MARC: Maximizing Access to Research Careers U*STAR
- UC LEADS: Leadership Excellence through Advanced Degrees
- DOE Joint Genome Institute
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- UCM-UAB SeCURE
- NSF AiMM REU
- NSF ARCHIMEDES REU
- USDA Undergraduate Research and Mentoring in Agricultural Sciences
- PG&E Engineering Summer Scholars
- COE Health Disparities
- US Dept. of Education, Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Scholars Program
- NSF AGEP: Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate
Contact us if you have any questions/suggestions regarding UROC or would like to discuss an opportunity for collaboration.
University of California, Merced
Student Services Building, 230
5200 N. Lake Road
Merced, CA 95343