The success of UROC Scholars and the expansion of the office's programs would not be possible without the faculty who serve as mentors. Professors are the best resource to introduce undergraduate students to their academic discipline and guide them through the research process.
UROC has partnered with more faculty on campus and has continued to support students on their path to graduate school. UROC strives to support faculty in any endeavors including grant submissions. Below is a document with examples for letters of support if you are interested in partnering with UROC for your grant proposals.
Faculty Application for UROC-H Research Cluster
UROC-H is a collaborative program for undergraduate student research in the humanities led by Undergraduate Research Opportunities Center (UROC), the School of Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts and the Graduate Division with additional support provided by the Center for the Humanities; this project is made possible through a diversity initiative grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Faculty can submit a proposal to lead a UROC-H Research Cluster that may focus on team-based approaches and/or research themes.
- Students in the research clusters will also have to develop individual research projects or have an individual research focus within the research theme.
- All faculty-led research cluster proposals will be offered as a research option to all admitted UROC-H scholars during the Fall 2019.
If you would like to lead a research cluster of undergraduate students for UROC-H, please fill out the below application link by November 5th, 2019. You may focus on either a team-based approach to a project or research theme.
UROC has attracted many diverse program partners and sponsors who share a common vision in providing enriching research experiences to undergraduate students. Below is a collection of partners and programs that have helped shape who we are today:
- NSF CAMP: Louis Stokes California Alliance for Minority Participation
- NIH MARC: Maximizing Access to Research Careers U*STAR
- UC LEADS: Leadership Excellence through Advanced Degrees
- DOE Joint Genome Institute
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- UCM-UAB SeCURE
- NSF AiMM REU
- NSF ARCHIMEDES REU
- USDA Undergraduate Research and Mentoring in Agricultural Sciences
- PG&E Engineering Summer Scholars
- COE Health Disparities
- US Dept. of Education, Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Scholars Program
- NSF AGEP: Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate
UROC Research Portal
Click on the UROC Research Portal image below to post an undergraduate research opportunity. You can also view and search student profiles to find potential UC Merced research interns.
Professors, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions/suggestions regarding UROC or would like to discuss an opportunity for collaboration.
University of California, Merced
Student Services Building, 230
5200 N. Lake Road
Merced, CA 95343