UROC success would not be possible without the key participation of professors, who serve as faculty mentors to undergraduate students. Professors are the best resource to introduce students to their academic discipline and guide them through the research process.
Faculty also help guide the academic integrity and strategic focus of the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Center. A team of ten faculty experts across three academic schools, serve as the UROC Advisory Board.
UROC has attracted many diverse program partners and sponsors who share a common vision in providing enriching research experiences to undergraduate students. Below is a collection of partners that have helped shape who we are today:
- NSF CAMP: Louis Stokes California Alliance for Minority Participation
- NIH MARC: Maximizing Access to Research Careers U*STAR
- UC LEADS: Leadership Excellence through Advanced Degrees
- DOE Joint Genome Institute
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- UCM-UAB SeCURE:
- NSF AiMM REU:
- NSF ARCHIMEDES REU:
- USDA Undergraduate Research and Mentoring in Agricultural Sciences
- PG&E Engineering Summer Scholars
- COE Health Disparities
- US Dept. of Education, Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Scholars Program
- NSF AGEP: Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate
UROC Research Portal
Click on the UROC Resarch Portal image below to post an undergraduate research opportunity. You can also view and search student profiles to find potential UC Merced research interns.
Professors, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions/suggestions regarding UROC or would like to discuss a collaborative opporutunity.
University of California, Merced
Student Services Building, 230
5200 N. Lake Road
Merced, CA 95343