Applications for Summer 2024 will open November 1 and are due January 30th, 2024
Link TBA: CAMP & CAMP JGI, SURF, UC LEADS, and UROC-H Applications
Link TBA: SOAR Application
Info Sessions and Application Workshops
Below are the dates and times for the info sessions during the upcoming open application window. We will go over the application requirements and answer questions before the application deadline.
Zoom Meeting ID for Virtual Info Sessions: 824 8448 8585
Things to do in your first two years at UC Merced (first-time freshman) or first semester (transfer students):
- Engage in your courses – learn more about your discipline
- Go to office hours and talk to professors (after doing some homework on their research areas)
- Work on your Resumé/ CV (curriculum vitae)
- Look up UC Merced faculty in your discipline and learn more about their research
- Ask professors, TAs, and graduate students about volunteering in labs or research groups
- Connect with other undergraduate students who have done or are doing research
Explore this site to:
- Learn about research and how to get involved
- Search for available UC Merced research opportunities
- Find Research Faculty to serve as a research mentor
- Presenting your research at professional conferences
UROC opportunities allow students to apply academic knowledge in real-world settings. Research experiences outside the classroom expand your perspectives on practical issues, enrich your values, help you explore career paths, connect you with the campus and community, and more. The real-world skills gained through these experiences assist in career development and personal growth.
Explore UROC Programs to decide which program you will apply to and when the application will be available.
Search for other research opportunities at UC Merced and other institutions.
UROC Campus Programs
Applying to other Research Programs?
Reference our Guide to Summer Research Programs for help if you are searching for REUs (Research Experience for Undergraduates).