UROC is seeking up to 6 Graduate Research Mentors for Summer 2021 (3 in SSHA and 3 in STEM) to virtual workshops. Graduate Research Mentor activities may include:
Conduct group tutorial sessions, including workshops on writing research abstracts, writing personal statements and CVs, sharing your research, creating oral and poster presentations, coding and data analysis, dissecting journal articles, preparing for graduate school and other research opportunities.
The mentors also conduct individual meetings with program participants to work on research, writing, communication skills, and creating an individual academic plan to pursue graduate studies.
NOTE: Summer 2021 workshops will be hosted virtually but students can be in-person for research projects. The graduate research mentors will not be required to be in-person or on-campus during the summer.
- UCM graduate student, preferably in a Ph.D. program
- Completed a minimum of one year of graduate school at UCM
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Making normal progress toward the graduate degree as outlined by Graduate Division/departmental guidelines.
- Sincere interest in working with and assisting undergraduates, particularly those who are interested in a research/academic career.
- Able to work 20 hours per week for the duration of the appointment.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following through AP Recruit during the application process:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Diversity statement: one-page statement addressing past and/or potential future contributions to diversity and inclusion through research, teaching, and/or service
- List of two references with contact information including mailing address, phone number and e-mail address submitted
Apply online at https://aprecruit.ucmerced.edu/JPF01066