Summer Opportunity for Advanced Research (SOAR)
The Summer Opportunity for Advanced Research (SOAR) Program provides funding for UC Merced undergraduates with prior research experience to continue their projects at UC Merced. Qualified students with interest in pursuing graduate school are especially encouraged to apply. This program is funded directly through the Office of Undergraduate Education.
Program Eligibility and Requirements
- Confirm summer faculty mentor and research project prior to applying
- Previous research experience (not course related)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate the potential for success in a graduate program
- Be on track to receive a bachelor's degree
The following materials are needed to complete the UC Merced SOAR application:
- Online application
- Two letters of recommendation - At least 1 from a faculty member
- Resume or CV
- One cumulative unofficial transcript from all attended colleges
- One Research Proposal (timeline, brief literature review, & methods)
- Personal Statement, Statement of Purpose, and Supplemental Question
APPLICATION CLOSED: Application period for Summer 2020 will close February 17, 2020.
Undocumented students are eligible for this program.